Monday, December 17, 2007

Surviving Monday

I really need a day off. I'd like to hunker down in a coffee shop with a laptop, cell phone, ipod, and a scarf tied around my neck paired with an off-white waffle shirt while firing away at the computer and my blogs. What are these people doing? They must be blogging, right? Whenever I run screaming from my office and hit a Caribou or Starbucks for a quick time-out, there's at least a dozen people in there, sitting alone, cranking away at something. 11am, 2pm, 4:15pm, or 9:40pm ...they're always there. What's happened in this world that I no longer inspire to be the briefcase laden, suit wearin', cell-phone talkin', blackberry typin', flashy car drivin' guy from the movie, but instead I want to be the lamenting, anti-social, misfit, lonely coffee shop lap-top guy?

I'll get to the much anticipated Survivor thoughts. Worry not. If you simply can't wait for something to read that effects nothing and serves the purpose of distracting you from the job you hate and might not have if the economy gets any worse, look no further than spunkybean.

Have I mentioned spunkybean?

Not that I'm required to punch-in and punch-out, but it's 6:57am and I've been hammering away at the PC since 5:50am. The coffee pot is empty, I think I hear little foot steps upstairs, I still have a job I need to get ready for, and I didn't even touch the 4 things I wanted to write about, this morning.

Just know there's more on the way. An Alvin & the Chipmunks movie review, an angry diatribe on Survivor and Todd's ridiculous hair, something on my family's blog, and more.

In the meantime, if you need me, I'll be hangin' in my local Caribou with my new best friends ...the friends whose names I don't know, don't speak to nor interact with, and feeling self important.

No comments: