Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas II

There's nothing on TV and I've got to write some stuff for spunkybean (which you're reading, right?), so I guess I'll just dump some random stuff here ...

WINNING: The Pistons over the Celts - in Boston. It was hard to ignore the Celtic's 20-2 record heading into last night's game. The national media has certainly yawned at the Pistons being good ...again ...and they were sooooo happy with their shiny, new, green, east coast toy. Would I have put all the stock into this game if the Pistons would've lost? No. So I won't change my tune because the 'Stones won, either ...but it was nice.

DOMINATING: Spartan Hoops. 11-1. With their easy victory over San Jose State last night, they're well, well, on their way to a great season and another run in March. Last year we fans struggled along as they worked their asses off to get 20-wins. This year, it all seems ho-hum. The team looks grown-up. Like they know what it takes to win. And, hell ...they were playing their bench last night late in the game and even they looked hellagood.

CAROLING: I'm just feelin' so darn Christmassy ...I have a song in my heart. Just like Jesus and Santa ...

1 comment:

Myndi said...

Awesome that the video ends with the piano player in mid-wink! All of these festive holiday tunes still remind me of something from the opposite end of the spectrum. years ago on "Weekend Update", when Norm McDonald said, "Kenny G released a Christmas album today. Happy Birthday, Jesus. Hope you like crap!" One of my all-time favorite lines ever uttered on television.