Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Return of Guard Talk

You may recall my brother works at a grocery store in the 'hood and his store employs a security guard who, in my mind, is just like the janitor on Scrubs, but not as witty. The security guard often engages my brother in conversation and usually the dialog is tremendous. It's been a while (my brother must be avoiding said security guard), but it's back. Everyone's favorite telemarketing scam buster was at it again.

The DonniEgo Community Theatre Players
present
The Crazy Conversation V & VI:
G= The Security Guard; B = My Brother
G: Hey, Don's Brother.
B: Yeh.
G: This guy was in here looked about like me. He was you know like me (waving his hand over his head) ... this tall.
B: Oh.
G: I was walking behind him and he turned and said, "Hey stop following me." I said, "How could I, I just got here". You know I was just coming through the store and I was definitely not following him (my brother believes this because the guard does not follow or notice anyone suspicious, ever).
B: 'Kay.
G: I just walked in the store and I may have been going to the bathroom and maybe I was behind him, but I was not following anyone.
-End Scene-

READING: A new magazine given me by blogosphere friend, Vox Acerbus. It's totally awesome and I surely will an accomplished writer in no time.

REDIRECTING: You. To my Mad Men column at spunkybean.

Sorry for such a short, pointless entry (because my entries are soooo pointed, usually). I'll do better tomorrow. Maybe I'll write something about Michael Phelps ...that should generate traffic and patriotism. Blogs need stuff like that. U-S-A! U-S-A!

No comments: