Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Frivolity (+ more Guard Talk)

In case you care, my office is approaching 80 degrees. I have a long sleeve t-shirt on under a long sleeve flannel. I'm suffering, ovah here!

LAUGHING: A friend sent me this picture of the band Styx. What would ever possess them? I do not wonder why Tommy Shaw left the band.ASKING: Have I mentioned I developed a reality show concept with a friend? Well, I have. To date, everyone who's seen the pitch has loved it and thinks it will work, BUT ... we need cash. $20,000-$30,000 from someone to help us shoot the pilot and we're told we'll have no problem selling it. In fact, a Hollywood production company told us the only reason they don't take on our show is because me and my writing partner are "green" and they'd have to devote too many resources to getting our show "off the ground" (Hollywood talk). I'm in the process of further flushing out the script and concept which includes picking a city to shoot in (Seattle), partners for every aspect of the show, and possible underwriters. In the meantime, if you know someone who has extra cash laying around and might possibly put it behind a TV show that *3* experts feel "has legs" please have them contact me.

CONCLUDING: This post. But not before the very latest from my brother and his rent-a-cop. One of my readers has decided he'd like to put in an application and work with this guy just to experience this for himself.

The DonniEgo Community Theatre Players
present
The Crazy Conversation V & VI:

G= The Security Guard; B = My Brother;


G: Hey, DonniEgo's Brother*, check this out. It will blow your mind.
D: Huh?
G: Okay, I got this letter in the mail from Verizon Wireless. I don't know if you know Verizon but they are a pretty reputable company.
D: Yeh. (My brother swears he never answers 'G' with more than 1 to 3 words at a time)
G: Well, I got this letter and the envelope has one of those yellow change of address labels on it saying that this is the new address for this bill. Now, I have never had an account with Verizon and this bill says I owe $1500. (My brother makes no reaction) I know! That is what I thought. This is crazy. I called this number and told them that I do not have an account and the name 'LC Cole' was not me. I asked them is that the name on the account or is that a business. They told me that was the name and I told them again that it was not me and I had no account to my address. They told me to just void it and disrguard any further mailings pertaining to this account.
D: Okay.
G: Yeah. I have lived in my house for 21 years and have never lived anywhere else. There was a guy that lived next door for a while, you know, and old guy. He never did very much and went on vacation a couple times a year but that is all. I was just wondering how they got my address on their system and why it was coming to me. You know, you have to be careful with ID theft. People are checking dumpsters and trash cans for info on you. I hope when you are disposing of anything you need, shred it first cuz that is all they need to get you. ID and ruin your credit.
D: Right.
G: LC Cole? That name doesn't sound familiar. Sounds like an Arabic name from Dearborn or something. DonniEgo's Brother*, you have to be very careful about ID fraud and make sure you don't let anything slip. Unless you have something-something that protects your ID. But otherwise you are in danger
(My brother knods and walks away as if he just thought of something important to do)

* The Rent-a-Cop doesn't actually call my brother 'DonniEgo's Brother'

Sorry to have blown your mind like this so late on a Friday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Myndi said...

First of all, that picture is disturbing.

Secondly, you were wearing a long sleeve t-shirt under a flannel? Who are you, Joey Lawrence on Blossom?

Just joshin'

Scott and Caroline said...

I have to say, I really enjoy the transcripts of the conversation between DonnieEgo's brother and the security guard. It made me want to add my own overheard crazy, inane discussion. This particular conversation took place last week in the housewares section of TJ Maxx (yes, I was in the housewares section of TJ Maxx).

Two women, mid- to late-40's, far to dressed- and made-up to be walking around TJ Maxx

W1: Oh my god, that's beautiful, are you buying that? Maybe I should buy one.
W2: I know isn't it beautiful, I just had to have it. No, actually I don't think I'll buy it. Oh my god, look at this (points at sparkly gold cylinder on the shelf), isn't it beautiful? What is it?
W1: Oh, how beautiful, I want one, I don't know, what do you think it is?
W2: Oh (picking it up and examining) it's a thermos - how great!
W1: Oh wow, you could put stuff to drink in there!
W2: Yeah! I'm getting one. I think it will fit in my cupholder.
W1: Maybe I should get one too. You could pour water in there or something. Better than drinking out of plastic!

I had to follow them to the next aisle, to see what other wonderful observations they might make.
Next Aisle:
W2: Oh, look at that box, isn't it beautiful?
W1: Oh, I love boxes, they're beautiful.

At this point, I couldn't take it anymore, and had to leave... I only wish I knew where else I could find them in town so I could catch their future intellectual discussions.