Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Guess What I Did?

Go ahead. Guess. No. Guess, again. Not even close. One more guess. What? Why would you guess that? Yer a freak. No, actually, its not even something I'm embarrassed to talk about.

RUNNING (that's me in the water, wearing a black Under Armor shirt, behind the guy in the white shirt, brand unknown): A Bump n' Run. "Run" for the 5K part (that's 3 miles for morons like me who can't do the math). "Bump" for the hill climbing, river jumping, trail running, push-ups, squat-thrusts, dips, and crunches that all accompany said 5K. The only way it could be more difficult would be if someone was shooting at us. Next up, a 4-mile Bump n Run. I'm proud to say I finished 19th out of 79 racers. Though winning and losing isn't really the point. 'Surviving' and 'not puking' is really the main goal, as I see it. My wife also finished and this was her third 5K in the past 5 weeks. Though gushing over my wife (that's her in the 2nd photo, in pink) and how much I love her is usually reserved for my other blog or other locales (if you know what I mean ...wink, wink), I'm going to say it right here, right now ...she's awesome. The woman I married 11-years ago would not be getting up at 5am every day to attend a 5:30a-6:30a bootcamp and sure as heck wouldn't be jumping in rivers, running through 2 feet worth of muck and mud, and eating grubs from under rocks - not sure why she ate those, that wasn't required - and I'm totally impressed by her. All the pictures of us are here.

PROMOTING: Myself and my spunkybean columns. I wrote a review for The Disney Channel's Camp Rock and then tomorrow, don't forget, I'll tell you all about what's happening on The Bachelorette.

Gosh. This blog entry sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You guys rock! You had me jazzed about trying this until I saw the photos of you in freezing water! Very cool.