Monday, September 17, 2007

Summer? I Hardly Know 'er!

Autumn Resolutions: The sucky thing about New Year Resolutions are that they only come once a year. So you only have once a year to bight off more than you can chew and fail miserably at what you envisioned for yourself.

Note: Good thing about a blog is that you have an online reminder for you and all your friends and family to be disappointed in.

So, because of this New Year Resolution limitation, I've created (for myself) additional days throughout the year to turn over a new leaf and start anew. Like Fast Forward February. Or Spring's Solemn Vow (on the first day of spring). Summer Solstice Startover - when better to really start working out, reading great literature, and being nice to people than the longest day of the year? Knowing that each day that follows is slightly shorter and eventually is swallowed by darkness ...like your/my good intentions. And this week ...the Fall Fix-Up. This is where I take the shambles and scattered remains of a year's worth of good intentions and make one last gasp at achieving goals and making a better Don for the world to enjoy.

Among the lofty goals of my Fall Fix-Up are blog more regularly (especially the Kowalewski blog), really, really try and get my book published, do some stand-up, again (I've got quite a few hilarious observations and one-liners dying to be heard), really, really lose weight, use a larger font size on my blogs, read three books before Thanksgiving, and floss every day. I have quite a few more ...like quit blogging at work -

No comments: