Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Run Up to Thanksgiving and 2009

Many people wait until the last week of December to reflect back on their failures from the year. Not me. I'm a go-getter.

2008 was going to be the year I launched my website (have I mentioned spunkybean?) into the stratosphere, I was going to write 3 or 4 "spec scripts", get an agent, get discovered, and finish my screenplay. Instead, it became a year of mega fitness and I lost 20 pounds. And I did some other things that give me pause.

READING: Watchmen. What's that you ask? What about Atlas Shrugged? Um, have you seen that book? Pick it up, sometime. Use your legs (you'll get it when you see the book). Turn to page 43 and just do me a favor and read page 43 & 44. That's all I need to say. I'm sure the book was going somewhere and is deep and meaningful, but I didn't quite get there. Maybe Atlas Shrugged really started gettin' cranked up around page 371. I'll never know.

But ...I do know that Watchmen was good right off the bat. I've never read a "graphic novel" because it looks an awful lot like a "comic book", which is totally nerdy and not something "Don" does ...but this thing ...this Watchmen ...is good. It's dark ...ominous ...sad ...loathing. I can tell you its not even near as cool as the trailer "looks." I'm guessing I haven't gotten to "the twist."

I like using "quotation" marks, even if I don't use them "correctly."

WISHING: For things for Christmas. Not many of my loyal readers came through around my birthday. I thought famous people (I'm counting myself among them) with rabid fans got free stuff. I got nothing. But if you are so inclined, you'll note that on the right hand side of this page, I've made an easy to follow Christmas list. Please to enjoy.

RUNNING: Out of time/space. I have an awesome list of funky fresh fitness type things I'm going to do in 2009, and I still have to champion the efforts of my triathlete friend and what he did this past weekend. Check back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knoω this if off topiс but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get setup? I'm aѕsumіng havіng a blog like yours would сost a
pгetty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm not
100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Visit my web-site - dumpster rental fees